This Job Aid covers:
This Job Aid supports the technician, and FPA/FST, audience. After April 2013, technicians, and FPA/FST may have the option to complete a service call in Mobile FSM under their own user login. Dispatchers or Retailers complete this procedure when the technician, FPA or FST is unable to do so themselves in the FSM website location.
This document describes this process and procedure using the FSM Mobile Application.
Service Call work order completion is a four-step process:
- After completing the repair, the user opens Mobile FSM to close the work order.
- After locating the work order, the user changes the status of the work order from Assigned to Acknowledged, En route, On site and then Pending Complete in Mobile FSM. This triggers several events in the WildBlue back office systems.
- The user validates the SVT values in the work order are all green.
- If values are green, the user selects the appropriate Resolution Codes, based on the repairs made while onsite.
- If values are red, the user continues to work on the repairs. The user may use SVT in the Support Portal to recheck the values before attempting to close the work order.
- If the Resolution Code involves either replaced equipment, or Leased Equipment Recovery, additional dialogs appear that the user completed.
Changing the Work Order Status
Follow these steps to change the work order status and kick off the completion process.
- Locate the work order in Mobile FSM.
Next to each tile, you may see a red box with a context number or letter. These boxes will tell you a little more about the order(s).
- Context number showing amount of new/update orders
- “E” flag indicates that for current day there are orders with escalations
- Context number showing amount of new/updated calendar events in user calendar
- Context number showing amount of unread messages
(5) Context number showing amount of new/updated audit orders
- Once the order is opened the user will go through a few status changes by pressing the status icon for the appropriate action taken. The following statuses are in order from beginning to end.
- Assigned – Automatic status
- En route
- On site
- Pending Complete
- Complete – Automatic status
3. After completing the service call, the user will attempt to close the work order. Service orders require a more complex completion process. Beside a completion note, the user also needs to do the following:
- Download SVT values from server. The user downloads SVT values by:
- Select the three dot icons in the upper right-hand corner
- Then select “Download SVT values” from the menu
- Please note that SVT values retrieval from service provider may take some time. Therefore, FSM Mobile does not block User interface and allows to work, download process is going on under the hood; the user will be notified with results when ready.
- Check at least one resolution code. Resolution codes are true/false values available to check/uncheck on completion form.
Note: The user can download SVT values as many times as needed. The New values will always override the old ones.
- Select the three dot icons in the upper right-hand corner.
Then select “Download SVT values” from the menu.
The SVT values will populate.
- After downloading SVT values, the mobile device displays the SVT results.
- Confirm that all SVT service levels report a green value.
- If yes, go to Step 3.
- If no, continue repair. The user may use SVT to check on changes in the service levels before attempting to close the work order. End process.
- Select Resolution Codes based on actual repair actions. Select as many as appropriate.
- If selecting Replace TRIA, the TRIA SN field becomes active. Type or scan the serial number for the new TRIA into this field. Use the number as shown on the TRIA label.
If the TRIA SN field is left empty, an error message appears.
- If selecting Replace Modem, the Modem MAC and Modem SN fields become active. Type the MAC address and serial number for the new Modem into these fields.
MAC format: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
Note: Must use colons in MAC address
SN format: XXXXXXXXXXX
If the Modem SN or Modem MAC fields are left empty, this error message appears
- If the user is returning equipment back to the Main warehouse, the user will need to transfer the equipment in the mobile device. The user also has the responsibility to notify the warehouse user of this transaction.
- User can add notes at any time. Type a note into the Notes section. This can be the same note as added at the beginning of the procedure.
There are icons for:
- Add note
- Click Apply.
Once uploaded, a list view will populate. The user can continue to add more notes as necessary using the add notes icon.
The upload icon will allow the user to complete this action.
- Editing notes is only possible for notes added by User and not uploaded to server. Once the note is uploaded, the user can only view it. A note edit window looks the same as the new note one with one exception, the user can remove the note from the order by pressing “Delete” button on action bar: .
Adding note content from history
When adding new note or editing existing User can add content from history of last 10 notes inserted/edited by pressing button on action bar:
- .Please see the “Adding Attachments to a Work Order (Mobile)” job aid for any final steps.