No Connection Troubleshooting
This Job Aid covers:
Use when the is modem is online but the customer is unable to connect to the internet
Check Internet Connection
- Connect your laptop to the modem/gateway using an ethernet cable.
- If hardwired laptop connects, unplug Ethernet cable and attempt to connect to the customer’s Wi-Fi. (If customer does not have Wi-Fi, proceed to next step.)
- If Wi-Fi is not connected, then proceed to next step
- Reboot the modem and your laptop
Check Modem GUI
1.If unable to get to GUI, Check and replace Ethernet cable
2.Check the following GUI indicators:
If resistance is not within the appropriate threshold verify cable length and type
SNR: If values are low, re-point and peak
3.Check Modem status
Verify online status (green indicators)
Point and Peak
If the modem GUI does not resolve the issue, you will need to re-point and peak.
1. Power up modem
2. After modem reboot, proceed to point and peak.
Contact Tier 1 or IR for Support
If you are still not able to connect, try the following.
- If none of the above steps work, contact IR or Tier One support