This Job Aid covers:
Use when the modem/gateway is unable to achieve modem lock.
- Reboot modem
- After modem reboot, check modem status in GUI. Verify signal activity, if no signal, re-point and peak
- Check the power cable. Use a receptacle tester to test the outlet.
- Check the modem LEDs. If LEDs are on, and service is still offline, unplug the modem and perform the visual inspection.
Perform Visual Inspection
Immediately replace anything that is damaged and/or unapproved.
- Ensure air circulation around modem is not blocked
- Check that the modem is plugged into working outlet
- Check Modem LED
- Physical damage
- Reflector: dents and cracks
- Mount: damaged or loose
- Hardware: loose or unapproved
- Mounting Surface: unstable
- TRIA: damaged or loose
- LINE OF SIGHT
- No obstructions within 10 degrees of the sight area
- Clear of all future growth and development
- CABLING (exterior and interior)
- Loose fittings
- Unapproved cable type, fittings, and barrels
- Center conductors that are too long, too short
- Braiding that causes a short – check for shorts using Volt-Ohm meter
- Never bend to 90 degrees/always use a 6” radius
- Cable run is less than 150 feet
- GROUND BLOCK
- Check the ground block for corrosion and loose or unapproved hardware
- Check weather boots for damage
Point and Peak
- Power up modem
- After modem reboot, proceed to point and peak.
If the service is still offline after pointing and peaking, follow these steps:
1. Swap the TRIA. Refer to TRIA swap job aid for process.
2. If swapping the TRIA does not resolve the issue, replace with the original TRIA and go to step 3.
3. Swap the modem. Refer to modem swap job aid for process.
4.If swapping the modem does not resolve the issue, replace with the original modem.
Contact Tier 1 or IR for Support
If you are still not able to connect, try the following.
- If none of the above steps work, contact IR or Tier One support