Viasat WiFi Gateway – Parental Control Tab
This Job Aid covers:
This Job Aid supports the Technician audience.
- Click the Parental Controls tab at the top of the page.
- Log in to the router again with the admin username and password
- Username =admin
- Password = Admin password from the gateway’s sticker
- Confirm Password = Type the password again
- Scrolling down the page, these sections appear. Use the information to make any desired customizations.
Use the information to make any desired customizations under the topic Parental Controls.
Parental Controls – Status
Enabled – if customer wants to add parental controls
Disabled – if customer does not want to add parental controls
Access Policy Blocking – Pick a number for the policy (a customer can design several policies for different devices)
Enter Policy Name – Type a name for the policy
Target devices – Type names for the affected devices
Add Another Device – Select to place multiple devices within the same policy
Block Internet Access – If selected Specific – complete times for weekdays and weekends that the device will not be able to connect to the internet
Block Specific Sites – Enter the URL of specific websites that the device listed above will not be able to access
Add Another Site – Select to add multiple URLs within the same policy
Cancel/Save Changes, Restore Factory Defaults
These buttons are just below the Advanced/Basic Settings toggle arrow, at the bottom of the Router Tab page.
- When all changes are complete, click Save Changes
- To cancel changes before saving, click Cancel Changes
- To remove saved changes, click Restore Factory Defaults. All changes are removed.