Tech Bulletin: Viasat Tech Tools App – Download Now
Viasat Tech Tools App – Download Now
Viasat Tech Tools (VTT) is getting a new role for VS-3. Work orders on VS-3 will be provisioned using VTT, so now is the time to download the app and confirm that your login is working properly. Let’s make any necessary corrections now, so that when VS-3 training is available, you’ll be ready to go.
Keep this technical bulletin handy until you know you can log in. Troubleshooting steps are listed at the bottom of the email.
Before you begin
- Log into Viasat Discover and confirm that your email address is current.
- If not, click the ‘Request Email Update’ widget on your dashboard.
- WAIT for the notice from Viasat Discover that your email address has been updated before proceeding. This can take up to 48 hours.
- We recommend that you have access to this email address on your smartphone, or, work with a computer nearby when you register the VTT app.
How to register
- Go to your App store from your smartphone, search for ‘Viasat Tech Tools’ and install the app.
- You must grant access to your camera, location services, and allow notifications.
- Set up a pin code.
- Select North America as your region.
- Your credentials are as follows:
- Username = The Installer ID – Residential found in your Viasat Discover account as the username. Don’t use any other Installer ID.
- Password = IF you use eSVT, use that password for VTT as well.
- IF you have never used eSVT, click the Forgot Password link.
- You will receive an email at the address we have on file for you.
- Use either the password reset link OR the verification code.
- Set your password.
- Log into your Viasat Discover account, and check My Profile for your Installer ID – Residential
- Is your username (in Viasat Discover) the most current email address? Complete the “Request Email Address Update” if needed.
- It is VERY important that we have your current email address BEFORE you try to do set your password.
- Send an email to email@example.com with a screenshot of your error message. Include your First and Last Names, your current email address, and your Installer ID.
Thank you for being a valued part of the Viasat team as we move forward into this exciting new phase with VS-3!
** If you are using Viasat Tech Tools already you can disregard this message.
Viasat Field Operations Team