Tech Bulletin: Equipment returns – Reminder about returning defective equipment
Equipment returns – Reminder about returning defective equipment
This is a notification to all technicians regarding eligibility of defective equipment reimbursement received through the RMA process. Upon receipt, your distributor will confirm if the defective equipment is eligible for return.
- Equipment that has a valid service call work order with a “defective equipment” resolution on record in Viasat’s field service management system (FSM).
- Any equipment in an unopened box.
- Any equipment in an opened box, if the equipment is unused.
The following equipment is not eligible for returns:
- DISH/NRTC Part numbers:
- RM4100N-070, RM4100R-070, RM5110N-070, RM5110R-070, X01012000A006, X01012000A006R;
- Equipment that shows evidence of damage, abuse or neglect by the Dealer or the Subscriber.
- Equipment that doesn’t have a valid service call work order with a “defective equipment” resolution on record in Viasat’s field service management system (FSM).
IMPORTANT: When returning a TRIA, be sure that it is not damaged and packed properly before sending it back. TRIA back plates should be free from any nicks and bends so that it can pass functional testing. Any moderately or heavily damaged back plates, examples shown below, are not eligible for freight or equipment reimbursement.
Should you have any questions, please contact your Retailer.