Tech Bulletin: My Viasat Update
My Viasat Update
As part of our ongoing improvements to system security, the My Viasat registration and login for Viasat’s residential customers is moving from SSO to Okta.
For customers that have already created a My Viasat account, their account login information will remain exactly the same.
Here are the new registration steps:
- From the login screen of my.viasat.com or the My Viasat mobile app, select Don’t have an account? Sign up. The Sign up for My Viasat screen will open.
- Enter the account number (500 or Axxx) AND one of the following:
- Email address (can be any email address, but it will update the contact email on the customer’s account)
- Service address postal code (zip code)
- Enter the verification code send to the email address on the account and select Next.
- Enter a password and then select Next. The password must contain:
- 8 to 25 characters, no spaces
- At least one uppercase letter
- At least one lowercase letter
- At least one number
- Enter a phone number for future recovery needs, if there is no mobile number on file, and select Send or Call now.
- Enter the validation code from either the text message or phone call, depending on the method of recovery selected. Then select Finish setup.
- The “success” message will appear and you can continue to My Viasat.
- You may now login to your account.