Available April 7, 2020
Viasat Shield is a Viasat built app for US Residential customers that protects the customer’s home internet and Wi-Fi network, defending against common online security threats like data breaches, phishing and more. Our easy-to-use service actively monitors and blocks suspicious activity so the customer can keep their private information private, guard against cyber-attacks, and help keep their devices clean from viruses and malware.
The Viasat Shield app can be downloaded to any iOS or Android phone free of charge from:
- Apple App Store – iPhone must be on iOS version 9 or later.
- Google Play Store – Android phone must be on OS version 4.1 or later.
The customer logs into the app with their ‘your account’/MyViasat login. The app can be downloaded an installed on as many smart phones as they wish.
Viasat Shield is available for ViaSat-1 and ViaSat-2 services and offers the customer the following:
- View Connected Devices: Helps identify unauthorized access to their internet.
- View Usage per Device: Helps identify what devices are using the most data.
- Network Protection: Notifies the customer of attacks on their network. There is no need for action on these notifications, as Viasat Shield stopped it.
Viasat Shield Premium is currently available for ViaSat-2 services only and has a monthly subscription fee of $5.99 billed on their Viasat bill. Viasat Shield Premium offers the customer the following:
- Device Access Control: The customer can pause a device at dinnertime or block devices that they do not want on their network.
- Device Protection: Notifies the customer if devices on their network are exhibiting suspicious behavior and helps troubleshoot them.
- Browsing Protection: Notifies the user if they are accessing a dangerous site.
- Antivirus Premium Bundle – Coming soon.
You can sell Viasat Shield Premium through your Viasat 360 app when on an installation or service call.
The customer can also upgrade to Viasat Shield Premium from within the app or by calling Customer Care.
The upgrade will take affect within 24 to 48 hours and the customer will need to log out and log back into the app to access the Premium features.